Angels for Bulgaria is a charitable company limited by guaranteed registered in England and Wales (company number: 12584735). Our registered office is at 3 Fleetwood Close, Chessington, United Kingdom, KT9 2HX . Angels for Bulgaria is the data controller for the information you give us. We use your consent, or legitimate interest, as the lawful basis for processing personal information.
Angels for Bulgaria is committed to protecting your personal information, and we take this responsibility very seriously.
We use the information we collect about you to help us understand more about how our site is used and to be able to send you communications about Angels for Bulgaria, that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise. The personally identifiable information’ is information that enables us to identify you, such as your email address, name, title, telephone number, and address.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Angels for Bulgaria.
Please read the following policy to understand how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
If you have any queries or concerns about how we use your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Our commitment to you:
- We will only collect personal information (or ‘data’) from those who directly interact with us: supporters, donors, fundraisers, event attendees, volunteers, campaigners, foster carers (and/or those who make enquiries), adoptive parents (and/or those who make enquiries), those who use our services, those who use our website and those who request access to our records e.g a genealogy request.
- We – Angels for Bulgaria – are the ‘data controller’ in respect of your personal information.
- We will never ever sell your data to third parties for their own marketing needs.
- We will collect the minimum personal information we need, limited, where relevant, to your:
- Age/date of birth
- Contact number(s)
- Email address(es)
- Postal address
- Contact preferences (do you prefer emails or SMS messages?)
- Information for ‘market analysis’
- Records of fundraising events/campaigns you have supported
- Record of your contact with us – whether a query, compliment, or complaint.
- We will only obtain and use this information, where relevant, to:
- Raise further awareness of Angels for Bulgaria and the work we do
- Learn how best to contact you (and what about)
- Keep a record of your support
- Learn how to improve our products and services
- Learn about other audiences who may be interested in supporting the work of Angels for Bulgaria (and the new products, services, and information they may be interested in).
- We will keep your data for personal information for:
- As long as you are an active campaigner, donor, or fundraiser – and only for as long as necessary after your last interaction with us.
- Up to seven years if you volunteer with us
- You can opt out of receiving communications from us at any time. We will only be able to send communications, updates, or information to those who have stated they are happy for us to do so. 8. That you can request to access, change, or delete your information at any time.
9. To only share your personal information with carefully selected third party partners, where relevant – and never for third party sale purposes – for:
- Secure storage
- Market analysis (looking at the types of people who engage with us, and why)
- Screening data, so that we don’t send information to an old address, or call an old phone number
- Sending printed material (newsletters, updates, magazines, appeals)
- Securely processing Direct Debits through Paypal
- Looking for prospective supporters, of a similar background, via Facebook
But… please be mindful that our website may contain links to and from other websites – partners and affiliates – and they will have their own privacy policies, which we do not accept any responsibility or liability for.
- We remind you that the previously mentioned third parties can only act on our strict instructions, in line with our contracts with them, and cannot use your personal information for any reason outside of those instructions, or sell those details to any other organizations. 11. We will protect your personal information by:
- Only keeping it for as long as is strictly necessary
- Only passing it to carefully selected third parties
- Anonymizing your personal details when using data for market analysis
- Encrypting your personal information when using it to develop new services or products, or looking for supporters of a similar background or age
- Ensuring all online forms are encrypted and that our network is protected
- Acting upon any requests to view, change, or delete your information, within 30 days.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Angels for Bulgaria, cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
- If you are unhappy with how we’ve handled your personal information or a complaint you’ve made in respect of this, you have the right to contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
The accuracy of your individual identifying information is important to Angels for Bulgaria. If you change email address or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at email@example.com.